Thursday, October 2, 2008

Star Of The Day





Emily was The Star Of The Day in her class so she got to bring a poster to school with her pictures and paper to tell all about her self, one special item she got to show-in-tell, a letter written to her, from her family that she had read to her by her teacher, and her favorite book read to the class by her mom, and then to top it all off recess and lunch with her parents! I was so excited for her when she told me of her special day that was coming up and all it entitled for her, I remember as kid how exciting that day was. I think its a great way to help build confidence and positive self esteem in children.


Emily and Hannah with Emily's girlfriends the triplets!















Emily was the girl to be around at recess or (maybe it was a certain cute two year older!)





























Hannah had a pretty fun day too!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That looks like a really fun day. I think that's a great way to help kids enjoy school. I bet she loved showing you guys all of the fun stuff they do.

Andie said...

Wow, her teacher really goes all out! That is so awesome; what a special day!

That's cool that Mike was able to be there too. How fun!

Kristen said...

What a great idea! I am sure Emily was so excited and it will be something she remembers for a long time!

Corey said...

Shantel I'm sorry I had not logged on to read these for a while. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. It sounds like she was great-I don't look forward to those days ahead, although I know they won't be long. Emily's star for the day is great. That would be really fun to get to share that with your family as well. It was also exciting to hear the Maddy gets to be on the bus patrol. It sounds like the girls are all doing well. WE MISS YOU and LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING MORE ON THE BLOG PAGES. We also hope to see you in person soon. Rayma