Monday, September 29, 2008

My Memories

Today was a sad day for me I lost my Grandma Armour. After I got off the phone with my mom I just sat there and thought of all my memories I had with my Grandma. I feel pretty lucky to have spent as much time as I did with her in my childhood. My grandma lived with my mom and step dad so I have many fond memories of her. I thought I would reflect on some of those great memories! My Grandma Armour taught me to crochet and helped me make many hot pads for my mom. She also was the judge of my step sister and mine endless coloring contest that she would always to determine they were to close to call a winner! She would always lend her couch to me to sleep on when I'd come into her room in the middle of the night because my step sister was gone at a sleep over and I was too scared to sleep down stairs by myself. My grandma made my favorite meal (to this day) and would spend all day cooking it. She would always let my into her mini fridge and get a V8 or other yummy juice. I loved going to my Grandma's room and just hanging out, and though over time living in different states I haven't stayed as close to her as I would have liked I will hold with me my memories and a piece of her in my heart.

7 comments:

Andie said...

Oh, Shantel, you made me get all teary! Grandmas are the BEST. Sorry to hear you got such sad news today. :-(

Audrey said...

I'm so sorry Shantel! The little memories like that are the best. They somehow define a lifetime of love!

Kristen said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma, Shantel. What is your favorite meal that she would make?

Nicole said...

Isn't it nice to know that she's in a better place? I know that helps me to be able to cope with losing family members.

The Seaman Family said...

Shantel I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. She's sounds like an amazing woman and you have so many great memories with her.

Nicole said...

Shantel, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma- I know how much you loved her and admired her.
It's great you have such happy memories of her- Often tell stories of her to your girls because I loved the stories my mom would tell me of her grandmas.

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'm glad you have wonderful memories of her that you can treasure forever. My own grandmothers died before I was born and when I was very young. I wish I had known them and had memories to connect me to them. Know you are in our thoughts and prayers.