Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Warmer Days


A year ago today My family and I were all in a warmer place... Florida, and with the weather colder than ever and everyone else in route to their vacation destination for the winter, I can't help but think back to warmer days and wish that we had planned a family vacation somewhere warm again!!















We met my parents, grandpa, and my brothers and their families there. It was great to spend time with all of them especially my grandpa!















We planned a lot for the week that we were there, but managed to squeeze in a beach and pool day!!










































Emily and Haylee hula hooping on the main street, while waiting for the parade




























While we were at the Animal Kingdom a train dropped us off at a petting farm, the kids loved it!!
Brandon is warming Hannah and Easton up to the goat.




























Of course we had to visit with some characters!!














It was great to be able to take a break from the cold winter weather, to meet my family, to enjoy
time with them, and to make many lasting memories. Hopefully we can escape to somewhere warm this winter, even if it is just an inside water park!!

7 comments:

Camrin said...

Looks like fun! I have been enjoying our warm weather the past few days. I love to get my kids out and play at the park. I wish we would get a vacation though. :)

Nicole said...

A vacation would be so nice right now!

Kristen said...

What? It isn't warm enough for you here? Come on.... it feels like a winter wonderland out there>>>LOL. It is pretty tough outside these days. YOu really should at least sneak aways to an indoor waterpark, we are in a couple weeks... Yay! They are like indoor tropics!

Andie said...

Aren't you glad you have such warm, happy memories to get you through 9 degree days like today?!?

Linz said...

Shantel--

We were there almost a year ago also!! At least there are photos to look back on.

I really like your blog layout and that family photo in your header is just awesome!

eMiLY said...

I love Disneyland! It is "the happiest place on earth."

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

That vacation looks like so much fun! At least you have warm memories to get you through cold days out here. Thanks for sharing the photos.