Friday, January 2, 2009

Sledding

My girls are definitely deprived in this area. As a child I went sledding at least 10 times each winter, rather it be with my parents, at my Grandpa and Grandma's houses, or if it was my brothers and I walking to the Tire park in our neighborhood. It was one of my fondest memories of Winter!! Now as for my girls I can't say the same for, I think they have been sledding maybe 10 times in their lives. Each year this is something a swear I'm going to be better at, but when you live in a state where the high, like today was 4 it just doesn't end up happening. Thank goodness for our cold, snow loving neighbors who made it possible for the girls to go when ever they want...........


















































4 comments:

Kristen said...

We were going to go sledding today.. now you have given us and idea!

Andie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andie said...

Our neighbors have a small hill in their yard that takes some of the guilt out of never going sledding for me too. You'd think, having lived almost my whole life in the midwest, that I'd have a better handle on the whole winter thing. Yeah, not so much. It's a good thing Ryan lives for things like sledding and ice skating!

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

These ice cold temperatures test the most dedicated mom! Ten times total--that's awesome if even half of them took place after moving to MN. I love the hill the neighbors built. Maybe I should put our girls and Mark to work outside in the backyard?