Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas the night before Christmas....

Well this Christmas Eve was a quiet one with Mike getting an early Christmas present "Qwest" style, he not only had to work is normal 10 hour shift Christmas Eve/Christmas morning he added another 4 hours to that because of lack of scheduling on Qwest's side, so with him out the door a little after 5:00 tonight it was just my girls and I!! We had a nice dinner of shrimp and pasta, made cookies for Santa, the girls did their gift exchange with each other, and then we watched Christmas Story, after all that it was time to get ready for bed, and for Santa. The girls put out the cookies and milk for Santa and carrots and celery for the reindeer and then Madisyn had a little extra stuff for Santa this year, a present she had made for him and a very nice letter that reads:

Dear Santa,
Thank you for the present, these cookies are for you (only you) if you can you can give a tiny to the reindeer and elves, and Ms. Claus, also the carrots and celery are for the reindeer, also the chocolate milk is for you, if you read this before you do the stockings then mine is the one that says Fa La La La, thank you and hope you come next year, I'll be extra good.
Sincerely, Madisyn H
4th grade Kolbs class

I enjoy Christmas more now, than when I was a kid, its so cool seeing your kids sooooo excited!!!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

4 comments:

The Seaman Family said...

That was so sweet. I hope you guys have a great morning opening presents and spending time together. I love this time of year and all that it brings! Merry Christmas

Linda said...

Merry Christmas Hobbs!

Andie said...

I was thinking about you guys last night and wondering if Mike had to work. Glad to see you made the best of it! Merry Christmas!

Kristen said...

Merry Christmas a day or two late, Hobbs Family! We love you guys... we hope you had a great Christmas! Shantel...you inspire me to be a little better and a little stronger. You are amazing! I am so sorry that Mike had to go in early....doesn't it just make you so grateful for those 4 beautiful girls you have and I bet you hugged them a little tighter that night!