Tuesday, December 23, 2008

12 days of Christmas

One of my favorite Christmas tradition as a child was the 12 days of Christmas. My Mom and Dad ( okay I'm sure it was probably really just my mom!!) would do the 12 days of Christmas for my brothers, sister and myself, which consisted of each morning getting a small cheap present, and all though they may have been a little bit of dorky presents I loved it as a child and even as a teenager. Once I got married and had my own children this is one tradition with some nudging from my mom that I have tried to keep. Just as it was one of my favorite traditions as a child it has turned into one of my children's favorites too. Now their "Presents" are definitely nothing to write home about it can be anything from Christmas pins that I got for 6 for a dollar, ring pops, plastic ornaments that were four for a dollar, or candy bars from the gas station that Mike had to make a mad dash to get at 10 p.m. because I forgot to get the next days presents!! As you can tell nothing but the utmost quality for these gifts.... This as been a fun way to count down Christmas and help take away a little of the anticipation for what await them under the tree.
Thanks for the great idea Grandma Swenson!!

8 comments:

Teresa said...

That's a fun tradition. Terri likes to do that for someone each year. Have a Merry Christmas!

The Miller Family said...

How fun! That's a neat tradition!

Andie said...

How cute! Sounds like us.....a mad dash to somewhere for a last minute something. Ryan is at Target (his errand, not mine) as I type this!

The Seaman Family said...

That is so cute! I need to start some traditions with my lil ones now that they are a litle older. This is a great idea!!

Camrin said...

Very cleaver! I might have to steel this idea as well.
Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

Kristen said...

That is such a great idea. How fun! Memories passed down to the next generation! Merry Christmas, Eve!

Nicole said...

how fun is that! I am defineatly doin that next year!

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

What a great tradition. That sounds so fun! I'll have to keep that in mind and possibly try it out next year!