Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The "JOYS" of winter.

When Winter comes it brings all of its " JOYS" with it!!















Slippery, icy roads and when your a person who's always late to everything, they don't help!

















Allowing an extra 10 minutes to put on all of the winter gear before leaving the house.




A collection of boots, hats, gloves, and snow pants that collect in my entryway every afternoon!
Not to mention the shovelling of heavy wet snow in negative degree weather, the covering of a salt packed car pretty much the whole winter, having to feed up our garage door because it doesn't like negative degree weather and gets stuck in the middle of opening???, and my favorite...... the negative 30 degree temperatures we get!!!
With all of the pains we get with winter we do have some real "JOYS"also, celebrating the birth of our Savior, family traditions, snowman, hot chocolate, Christmas cards, baking goodies, the gift of giving, Santa Claus, and ringing in a New Year!! Hopefully the real "JOYS" will help get me through this winter.

6 comments:

Andie said...

Our entry way looks like that too. It drives me crazy. At least we have Christmas to look forward to... ;-)

Janice Anderson said...

Hey, you have a good-sized entry! We had 6 kids with a teeny, tiny entry. Being 4 of them were BOYS, I believe we had even more winter gear than had they all been girls. I was drying mittens, coats, boot liners, scarves, hats all over the house, not just in the entry! It must be difficult to BECOME Minnesotans after having grown up out west. Yet, this state does have its charms. Beautiful family picture, by the way.

Nicole said...

I'll admit, winter isn't my favorite season-but at least we get snow. I think I'd rather deal with the pains it brings than not have a white winter.

The Stevens said...

Wow, all that snow gear everywhere brings back so many memories from when I was little.

Kristen said...

You know our entry way looks like that too, except ours is smaller than yours,so it becomes and obstacle course! LOL... I am glad you are looking to the optimistic side, and yes...you are right, for those of us that tend to run late to everything...the roads do not work in our favor!

The Seaman Family said...

We don't have an entry way inside at least so our how house looks like that. There is jackets, hats, shoes etc all over the place. LOL but I love the snow and love all that winter brings good and bad. And I love seeing my kids marvel at the snow outside. It's so fun!