Sunday, August 3, 2008

Why we love Minnesota!


Hannah with the purple fuzzy socks!
Hannah was very very fond of them.

Hannah having a little break! Ashley and Jackie ! I had to twist their arms to take a picture of them!



The summers in Minnesota almost make up for the brutal winters here(almost). I must say having grown up in a desert state where a good lake was at least an hour away, makes you really realize how amazing it is to have all these lakes so close by.This is one thing that our family all likes to do and its free entertainment! Now I'm not much of a lake swimmer...O.K. or pool,and Ashley's at the age where she probably would like to go swim ,but then she would run the chance of running into someone with wet hair... which is the end of the world for her ( I don't know where that comes from ....) so she makes a great layout buddy for me!Well on this particular day Hannah was being her normal 2 year older self and found this pair of fuzzy purple socks, demanded one of the girls to put them on her,and lets just say I was lucky to get them off when we got to the lake! It turned out to be a Fabulous day at the lake and left me feeling grateful to live in such a wonderful State.

8 comments:

Kristen said...

I love days at the lake, pool ect. We really do live in a beautiful state, so remember that when you get the itch to move back to Utah!;-) We don't ever want to see you leave!

Nicole said...

I love laying out at the lake and people watching. I am not really much of a swimmer either.

Andie said...

Yeah, you gotta love Minnesota while you can! My house is absolutely disgusting all summer long, but I just don't care. You have to take advantage of those 11 weeks of summer while you can.

The Miller Family said...

We love Minnesota too! I can't say that I'm all about the lake yet though, as we miss the (real) beach terribly, lol! We still think it's funny when we're invited to go to the "beach"...I guess over time we'll come to love the lakes more and more!

You're right...we do have beautiful summers here!

And by the way, since I just found your blog, I wanted to comment on the older posts - you have such a beautiful family! Your girls are just adorable and it looks like you're always having fun!

The Seaman Family said...

I love it all. We can't wait for the summer to get out and enjoy such a beautiful place that we live in. MN has a lot of great things to offer. And of course some not so great! But I think they even themselves out mostly:)

---- said...

Shantel,

All of this time you have been leaving comments on my blog and it never occured to me that because you were commenting on my blog, that meant you had one too. HELLO! Takes me a little longer than others. You all look fantastic! I miss minnesota so much. Whoda thunk!

I was just remembering a sunday when jack came down and didn't know what to wear for church,. When I suggested an outfit he said "but Maddie has already seen me in that one."

I miss you and your girls!

Anonymous said...

by the way my sister mardi was logged in. like i said it takes me a little longer.

Steph :) said...

We miss having you here, your girls are absolutly beautiful. We hope to see you soon. Tell everyone hi.