Monday, August 10, 2009

The Race

While spending the weekend in St. Cloud, Madisyn had the opportunity to run in a 1k race with her cousin Sydney.

The night before the race Madisyn and Sydney were preparing for it by running back and forth across the room with Ashtyn running the timer seeing who got the best time, after about 15 or 20 minutes of this Madisyn wondered if that was such a good idea and worried that their legs might be too sore to run the race in the morning......so they decided to stop and watch a movie.



Madisyn suggested to Sydney that they should finish the race holding hands through the finish line, but Sydney said, "Maddy it is a race!"


Sydney is in the blue shorts and Maddy is behind her in the black shorts.......I guess Sydney didn't go with Maddy's suggestion.



I think Maddy might have inspired me to start running....... I had a dream shortly after the race that my friend Kristen and I signed up to do 1/2 marathon, but when it was time to run I started to back out because I didn't think it was safe to be running while we were both pregnant......so I think I'll hold off until after I have the baby.
Maddy enjoyed the race so much that for the next week her and Sydney got up every morning put on their running gear and went for a short run.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

She is really inspiring! Sounds like a great experience for both girls.

Linz said...

That is so cute! It sounds like Sydney had the competitive edge whereas Madisyn is more into the team spirit. Both great qualities when you run!

Kristen said...

Way to go Maddie! Wow.... Jamie is right, what an inspiration.

Nicole said...

Races are so fun! Maybe Maddie should practice up for the Gray Ghost, that's my favorite. It's a little longer, though.

Corey said...

Congrats on finishing the race. That's a great thing to do.