Thursday, April 30, 2009

So call me a little defensive??

Emily informs Madisyn and I this morning that a boy in her class keeps pushing her down, I ask which boy?? She says, " Cain!" Now I volunteer in her class and know this isn't even a little boy, the boy looks like he could be in 3rd grade!!

So the good mom I am says, "Well push him back!!"

Emily then informs me, " Mom, I can't do that then I'll go to yellow."

So the even better mom in me says, "Tell him to stop it or that your Mom will push him back then!!"

Emily then looks at me and says," That would be freaky Mom!!"

And then Maddy chimes in, "I can see it now one of my friends will say,"

" Maddy isn't that your Mom who just pushed down a little boy??"

Maddy then continues to say, "I'll say who? I've never seen her before in my life!!"

So I guess I'll leave the disciplining to the school!! What can I say, I can't stand to see bullies pick on kids, especially when its my kid!!

11 comments:

Camrin said...

That's too funny. I know what you mean about bullies though. I watch kids and it is a bigger deal if another kid hits my kid than if my kid hits on of the kids I watch. Sad but true! :)

The Stevens said...

You are so funny!

memories by Jan said...

Ah the stories I could tell. Here's one. There's the mom in Minneapolis who was going to "protect" her kid from a bully so she grabbed him by the front of his shirt as he was standing in line to get on the bus. The poor terrorized child wet himself! And it was the wrong kid.

Nicole said...

Funny story! Hopefully Emily finds a way to deal with the bully.

The Miller Family said...

That is so so so funny!

Good luck to Emily with that big bully!

Kristen said...

Amen, Sista! Do you want me to sub up there????? I can take care of your problem for you....

Andie said...

Wasn't Cain the bad kid of Adam and Eve's? Sounds like the name fits!

I'm surprised Emily didn't just deck him. Janie probably would. Although the threat of moving to yellow (the horror!) might be enough to dissuade her. ;-)

Linz said...

ha ha! Oh man I would feel the same way!!!

Nicole said...

I would do the same thing. I can't stand kids who bully and should be taught a lesson and see that it's not so fun being on the other end of it! You make me laugh and can totally picture Madisyn saying that!

The Seaman Family said...

Thanks for the laugh, I hear ya though. I can't stand mean little kids. Hopefully she will figure it out!

Corey said...

Wow, It's been a long time since I've been able to read these because I got upset in December and had our Highspeed Internet cancelled. Well I thought that Comcast or Qwest would be out her sooner with something like that. So I finally got so frustrated with no decent internet, (it was so bad that I could not even look up any emails or pay bills on line) that I swallowed hard and called back the ONLY company out in BFE to provide highspeed internet again. So I had a few minutes and thought that I would catch up. Shantel, it is good to wee all that is going on in your family again. About the potty training I hopw that it is getting better. I don't have any tips on the night training as I never had to deal with that. Maybe with the next one, but that is still a ways away. Hope all else is well and that the kids will stop picking on Emily. Blake seems to get that too, but I think that he brings it on a bit as he is a goop-off.(like his dad).