Tuesday, November 27, 2012

There is always a first time for everything

This Thanksgiving was a tough one for me... being that it was the first year I didn't spend with Ashley and the first Thanksgiving that my family had to spend without my Grandpa..My emotions have been crazy over the last month or so. I forgot how hard it is to loss someone so close, the first three months after my grandpa passed away I couldn't even think about him unless I was sobbing  and then for about two months I felt like I could talk about him without getting all choked up and now I am back to sobbing at any memory of him. I miss him more than words can say.
 I had a lot of regrets of not going back to Utah for Thanksgiving this year, since we moved away from Utah we haven't spent the holidays there for seven years, we have been blessed with visits from my mom and Mike's parents for a couple of Christmases and Thanksgiving but we haven't been part of the big holiday get together that I loved!! We were so excited when we moved to Nebraska to be seven hours closer to Utah so that we could make it home for the holidays every once in a while...and here we are two Thanksgiving and Christmases later not taking the opportunity to go home for the holidays. Soooo the purpose for this cheerful post is to remind me next year to make it happen...not to let the excuses get in the way.. the no money, the weather, the crazy time splitting when we're in Utah(it almost drives me to drinking) No Excuses next year!


So on a happier note, between my tears on Thanksgiving day,  we had a wonderful day spent with our wonderful friends the Williams, they invited us to spend the day with them and their family. We had a yummy feast and then went to see Wreck it Ralph..we'll everybody but me and Madi.. we snuck off to see Breaking Dawn 2 and might I add, it was AMAZING!!

So as emotional as I was on Thanksgiving day, I also was extremely thankful for my family that I miss so much and for our wonderful friends the Williams!


3 comments:

Linz said...

Okay I am so sorry to ask this in light of the sadder aspects of this post (so sorry about your Grandpa), but what is written on that plaque with "music" on it. You know how I love music!

shantel said...

Lindsay you're so sweet.

The plaque says,"Music is the voice of the soul"

Katy said...

love you girl! I know you would love to get to be in Utah for the holidays, but I have to admit that selfishly I love that you get to spend them with us. :) Of course, I know that one day you will get to go home and I will just have to grin and bear it. we are so thankful for the friendship that we have with your family.. actually, you ARE family. Don't ever forget that!