Monday, November 12, 2012

The series of unfortunate events.



I copied the paragraph below from Ashley's blog... She had a series of unfortunate events when she first moved to Utah but the last month and a half have been a lot better! Ashley got offered a job at Discover Card it is a great opportunity for her, they offer medical and dental, 2 weeks paid vacation, 90% school reimbursement after a year of being with the company , and a two dollar an hour raise.
 We are thankful for her Aunt Mer, who put in some good words for Ashley.

Today I am thankful for family. After moving away from home not to long ago I've had the opportunity to see just how much family really means to me. I got used to having four other siblings running around the house, a mom to talk to and see on a day-to-day basic, and a dad to hear a daily slap stick humor joke from. Not having those things on a day-to-day basic has been a little different to say the least. To be 100% honest I never thought I would miss it as much as I do. As much as I miss my family though moving out to Utah really has shown me just how close all family is. All my extended family lives out here in Utah and to be honest I think I would be a complete wreck without them. In my month of living out in Utah I have 1. Got the front bumper of my car taken off. 2. A fractured foot. 3. The stomach flu. 4. Started at a new singles ward. 5. Started at a new Buffalo Wild Wings. Along with many other things. One thing for sure though, I have not handled a single one of these things alone. In each one I have either had help from a family member, listening ear of a family member, shoulder to cry on of a family member, or just a growing experience shared with a family member. I can't say enough how blessed and thankful I am to have such a caring and loving family. That is the wonderful thing about family, no matter what they will always be there for you. They can see you at your best and your worst and still have so much love for you. I can't say there is much that I cherish more than my relationship with my family. Seeing the love my family has for me just encourages me to always remember that and to someday be able to extend that love to my future family.

No comments: