Tuesday, February 12, 2013

God made a Farmer

Today my Grandpa would of turned 83. It is so hard to believe that almost a year has gone by that we lost him, even though the pain of losing him is the same today as that dreadful day. I am waiting for the day when I can think of him and not cry... but also fear that day because I know that my memory of him will also be slipping away too.

My Grandpa loved this poem, my Aunt Sharon got this poem framed for him for Father's day several years ago and he made her promise him that she'd read it at his funeral..which she did. A lady from my aunt Stacey's ward put this picture of my Grandpa and the poem together for her and my Aunt Stacey framed it and gave it to my Grandma and her siblings for Christmas. It is so beautiful!!

My Grandpa was a hard working farmer and this poem really portrayed my Grandpa very well! 

No comments: