Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ashley

I decided that I should probably do an update on all of my kids every once in a while not just on Mason who changes monthly. Ashley is growing up before my eyes!! Ashley got her driving licenses a couple months back and is a very good driver. Ashley enjoys doing what most teenager girls do at this age, hanging out with her friends, dating, sleeping, shopping, texting, tanning, movies, and hanging out with her family.
After a little bit of an arm twisting from one of my good friends; Ashley went to girls camp. To her surprise she had a pretty good time, it was drama free and she survived the "camping" part of it!





Ashley will be a junior this year, it is so fun to watch Ashley blossom into the beautiful young woman she is becoming, Ashley received her Patriarchal Blessing a few months back and continues to talk about what a great tool it has been her daily life. She is working on her personal progress and is finishing a lot of fun projects for that. Ashley also put in a some applications to some restaurants for a part time job. Her dad and I try to tell her to slow down and enjoy not working, that she'll have the rest of her life to work...but what do we know?



4 comments:

Kristen said...

That is too funny. My parents and Benjy's both were just the opposite...your 16...time to go out and get a job! I have to say...I liked having my own money to spend. I can't say that I don't blame Ashley. Although, your babysitter might not be as readily accessable, if she is working another job, huh? But then again, Maddy is getting to that age...Long comment... so Peace out. We agree...Ashley is a beautiful young woman!

Nicole said...

I worked when I was a Jr. and Sr. in High School. It had it's perks. Sure you'll have the rest of your life to work, but you wont have the rest of your life to spend your hard earned money any way you want. I'm missing those days pretty badly right now :)

The Stevens said...

I can't believe how grown up she is and so pretty!

The Seaman Family said...

Ashley is an amazing girl and I saw how strong she was at camp! I was so glad she came along...she was a great help as well. I have more pics I will get them to you soon!