Monday, July 6, 2009

The Big Surprise

In January as most of you know we had a big surprise, after feeling physical and mentally done with my child bearing years Mike and I both decided that are little/big family was complete. At last I was able to get rid of anything that Hannah had outgrown/didn't use anymore. But to my surprise Heavenly Father had a different plan for our little/big family and blessed us with one more little baby......after letting the big news settle with me for a little while I eventually told my family of our big surprise and then asked Mike when he was going to tell his family, he then told me that he wasn't going to tell them, that they would find out when we went back to Utah in June, he thought it would be a fun surprise. This idea didn't shock me both of his older sisters did they same thing, his oldest sister Michelle thought it would be fun to surprise their sister Rayma that was on mission with her growing belly when she returned home from her mission, and his other sister Rayma surprised us a year ago when we went home for a wedding with her growing belly as well. But in the meantime that meant that I couldn't blog about our news.

So finally June got here and we were able to share our Big Surprise with everyone not only was it a big surprise that we were having another one, but in May we found out it was a BOY. After 4 girls we felt pretty confidant that we knew what we were having, but Mike and I were both blown away to find out that we had broken our pattern and were having a little boy!! Mike and I both welled up with tears in the ultra sound room, not only did we find out that it looked as though we were having a healthy baby, but also a baby boy. I laid there thinking after she told us it was a boy, " Wow this is going to be sooooo different not only do we have 4 girls, but they are all girlie girls, no more bows, cute frilly outfits, baby dolls, and dress up. Bring on cars, bugs,..... and whatever else little boys like??"

Some of Mike's family after a couple of glances at my belly and hearing a few snickers from some of us that already knew I was pregnant, finally asked, " Is there something you want to tell us?" and others that definitely noticed I was rounder but were to polite to ask found out by this invitation to the shower that my mom and little sister threw for me:

There was a couple who had four kids, And thought that they were through. Until one day the stork came by, And said, "I have a surprise for you!" You see they were quite startled by this new surprise, Everything was going fine until they realized, We have no diapers, they did say, no clothes or bottles too, Binkies, Onesies, we gave away, for we thought we were through! An "Oops" shower we will have to celebrate this baby! Please come and have lots of fun, please don't tell me maybe. Tons of goodies we will serve to keep us full of joy, So come and help us welcome this surprise baby boy!

It turned out to be a fun surprise, but I'm thankful that the little secret is out so I can blog about the rest of my pregnancy, we are are so excited to start this next chapter in our lives and to welcome this little baby boy(hopefully, or she'll be stuck in a lot of boy clothes)






8 comments:

Andie said...

Cute shower invitation! What a fun surprise for your families!

Camrin said...

OKAY, Grandma Park told me about all this when she found out. I was really wondering why you hadn't blogged about it. I guess it is good I didn't flat out ask you about it. I guess I kinda asked you about it. Hope I didn't spill the beans. :)
I am so happy for you guys! Little boys are a lot of fun. I am learning more everyday. James is kinda starting to become more "all boy". I think I will continue to learn as he grows. Duncan has been really good so far. Knock on wood.
Traci and Laci did a great job on the shower invite. Hope you had a good time. Sorry I couldn't make it.

Linz said...

So how was the shower? I am so thrilled for you. Can't wait to see you again too!

The Stevens said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you to have a boy, how fun. Sorry I didn't get to see you yesterday.

eMiLY said...

It was so good to see you. I am so excited for your baby, too.

Kristen said...

I am always relieved when there are secrets I am suppose to keep and then they are finally out. It is so much pressure to hold it in! ;-) It was hard not facebooking or commenting on your blog about your wonderful news, but now we can. I am so glad that we get to go through this journey together and that our little ones will grow up playing with each other!

Serena said...

We are so excited for your family! You will definitely have to post pictures once the little man arrives.

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

I am impressed you could keep that secret for so long. That would be impossible for me to do. What a cute invitation to a shower. I'm certain your family is as thrilled as you and Mike are. Welcome back to MN!!!