Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Birthday to a VERY special man!!

I posted this three year ago but after the recent passing of this wonderful man...here I go again.
Happy Birthday Grandpa Swenson

My grandpa is one of the most generous people I know.

My grandpa's scent is of black licorice and leather, licorice because he keeps a candy mixture in his pocket to coax the grand kids into giving him hugs and kisses and leather for the leather boots he wears all the time, my favorite thing about our new Explorer is the smell of leather , which of course reminds me of my grandpa!!

My grandpa
loves his family, he is the only man I know that cries at the sight of all his family being together and also when he offers the blessing on the food that we all have joined together to eat.

My grandpa was a hard working farmer, worked very hard for all he has and has a lot to show for all his hard work.

My grandpa has a beautiful voice and sings to the patients at the nursing home once a week and every funeral in Spanish Fork ( maybe not everyone, but pretty darn close!!)

My grandpa reminds me every time I see him, to enjoy my kids and tells me what a beautiful family I have.

My grandpa has always giving not one kiss when I see him, but rather at least five kisses at a time.

My grandpa is a worrier he worries about his family very much, like my dad says ," He worries about not having something to worry about ";)

My grandpa is a great
story teller I could sit for hours listening to him talk.

My grandpa has been a great example to me in my life, he has taught me to really, Live, Laugh, and Love and for that I will always be grateful!!

4 comments:

Camrin said...

what a sweet post for your grandpa. thanks for sharing! :)

Kristen said...

Very touching. Wow...Shantel you made me cry! What a nice post!

Nicole said...

your Grandpa is a very sweet man!
You are so close to him- that is so neat! What a nice tribute to him.

Linz said...

What a beautiful tribute